Driver - Class A or B
Company: Athens Services
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Great Drivers Work at Athens! Give us a call at (888)
501-1893.Up To $6,000 SIGN ON
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty truck
to perform assigned duties on container delivery, recycling,
residential, commercial, or industrial (roll-off) routes. This
position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned
customers, while complying with all local, state, and federal
transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety
Health Act (OSHA)/Department of Transportation (DOT) requires as
well as all local, state and federal requirements.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle
utilizing standard Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
Responsible for reporting any vehicle deficiencies prior to and
after each route day.
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and
notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any
- Understands and practices all policies and procedures as
described per Athens Services Safety Rules. Makes use of standard
tools and resources provided by the Company.
- Clean area around any accidental waste spill, ensuring
adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste barrels and tag containers due to
contamination of waste streams.
- Follow all applicable rules and protocols when disposing at the
Material Recovery Facility (MRF).
- Maintain a clean and safe vehicle. Clean waste from the packer
blade and truck body (where appropriate) on each disposal
- Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn while
operating specific machinery.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training,
briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route
efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or
Dispatch, assisting operations as directed.
- Immediately notifies Route Supervisor of any
- Communicates customer requests/issues to Dispatch/Route
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's
location clean and free of debris. Properly positions containers on
the customer's property.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all
documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Provides a positive and professional attitude when dealing with
- Working in Windy/Hot/Cold/Wet environments, working around
heavy equipment, working among refuse and exposed to dusty
- Frequent exposure to traffic, being aware of all your
surroundings, maintain a high level of communication with
- Continuously grasping, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting,
stretching, twisting, stooping, walking on uneven surfaces and
- Able to work standing and/or sitting for long periods of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class A or B Driver's License.
- 3+ years of experience operating a commercial
- Clean Driving Record.
- Able to meet all DOT requirements.
- Able to provide exceptional customer service always.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to follow through multiple challenges as they arise.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position
with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy,
or transportation industry.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical
ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, pushing, pulling and
lifting ≤ 50 Lbs. continuously.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals,
wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing & Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any
other applicable state, federal or local laws.
Qualified A/B CDL Drivers, please CLICK APPLY below or Give us a
CALL at (888) 501-1893.We look forward to your membership to the
Keywords: Athens Services, Whittier , Driver - Class A or B, Professions , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!