Director Of Safety
Company: LEAPROS--- Workforce Solutions
Posted on: March 16, 2020
LEAPROS--- Workforce Solutions strategically links employers and
professionals through innovative workforce solutions and
transformative technology that catalyze growth for impact.
LEAPROS--- is a trusted workforce solutions partner, offering
customized recruitment and interim staffing solutions, as well as
innovative resources designed to empower employers and
professionals to accomplish their hiring and career objectives.
Operating on a national platform, our areas of concentration
include finance and accounting, information technology and
engineering, human resources and administration, sales and
marketing, supply chain and operations. Whether you are a talented
professional or a company looking for a talented professional, we
welcome you to take a leap with us!
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: LEAPROS has partnered
with a widely known national brand known for its presence in a
variety of retail channels, to secure an insightful and inspiring
Director of Safety.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Safety
POSITION SUMMARY: We're looking for a Director of Distribution
Safety & Security that will be responsible for the security and
safety leadership of 2 distribution centers: One in California, the
other in Canada. You are an influential safety-first leader that is
able to get thought buy-in from the top, to propagate effective
safety-first consciousness throughout the distribution floor. Your
experience in leading safety teams in a 1M+ square feet
distribution campus is paramount, as well as your ability to ensure
the safety protocols across the environment and 700+ peak
employees, which include conveyor belts, forklifts, and physical
labor. You have an excellent repertoire of safety measures that
you've successfully implemented in prior roles, as well as a
background in exercise science and ergonomics. As a safety leader,
you're able to balance both the operational aspect as well as
safety protocols. The official title of this role is Director of
Safety and Security, so there is a loss prevention aspect as
well-if that experience is not there, you must be willing to take
courses to get certifications for it.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead and continually improve all aspects of distribution
- Lead and continually improve all aspects of distribution safety
- Supervise E-Commerce Investigator, Safety Supervisors and
contract guard force.
- Foster and develop functional partnerships with industry and
law enforcement cargo theft resources.
- Maintain and monitor all security equipment to include but not
limited to burglar/fire alarm, security camera, and access control
systems, lock and key control, and other physical security
- Seek and propose new technologies and equipment
- Actively support and participate in company sponsored programs
and events, task force groups and serve as chairperson of various
committees, if needed.
- Communicate security and safety status, updates, and actual or
potential problems, using established protocols to appropriate
- Work closely with Distribution Operations to train and develop
Distribution Leadership in all areas of distribution security and
- Work with national pool point partners and support the US
retail field loss prevention efforts regarding resolution of carton
- Initiate and coordinate internal and external theft
investigations and successfully bring to conclusion.
- Liaise with local Law Enforcement partners and peer Security
Departments in the pursuit of internal and external case
- Develop and execute proper case management.
- Manage the execution of capital and expense purchases within
- Help foster a culture of honesty through positive informative
communications and messaging.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years' experience
in leadership distribution center roles in the apparel space or
another well-established consumer products company. To perform this
job successfully, you'll need to be able to perform each essential
duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree ---
- Safety Certifications
- OSHA experience preferred ---
- Must have a working knowledge of security equipment, policies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
At LEAPROS, we are committed to our ethical principles and core
values, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and
to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state
laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Keywords: LEAPROS--- Workforce Solutions, Whittier , Director Of Safety, Professions , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!