Company: Kelly Services
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: October 20, 2019
QC Microbiologist, Los Angeles, CA
Schedule/Shifts: 1st shift, Mon.-Fri., 6am-2:30pm OR Fri-Sun.,
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing material handling functions to
support all internal and external customers in an accurate and
- These functions include but are not limited to shipping and
receiving, material stocking, material issuance, cycle counting,
inventory reconciliation, chemical/biohazardous waste handling,
product handling in temperature-controlled environment, general
housekeeping, and maintaining accurate clerical records in a
- Perform microbiological (AML) and endotoxin (LAL) testing on
water samples, in-process product samples, raw materials, and
environmental monitoring (EM) samples as directed by the laboratory
supervisor or Senior Microbiologist.
- Perform preparation of reagents, materials, and equipment used
in microbiological testing in sterile environments, such as HEPA
- Count colony forming units (CFU) on Petri plates.
- Perform sterility testing on final products and raw
- Perform Growth Promotion and Biological Indicator testing.
- Isolate and maintain pure microbial cultures from test
- Prepare and maintain frozen cultures of microbial isolates.
- Perform various microbial identification tests (microscopy,
genetic, biochemical, and/or morphological).
- Maintain microbial identification database.
- Compile and enter data into computer database (i.e. LIMS -
Laboratory Information Management Systems) to be used for reporting
and trending purposes.
- Review test results against specifications.
- Will share general responsibilities for laboratory equipment
maintenance and calibration, housekeeping, and other lab support
functions (e.g., inventory of consumables and reagents).
- Maintain sample logs on a daily basis to ensure timely testing
and tracking of all samples.
- Maintain Instrument Usage and Calibration Logs based on
instrument usage during the preparation and testing of samples.
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to FDA
- Strong emphasis on documentation according to FDA
- Adhere to departmental corporate safety policies.
- Related experience in a pharmaceutical, GMP, or FDA regulated
testing laboratory is preferred.
- Requires a basic understanding of the fundamentals of
microbiology, aseptic techniques, isolation and identification of
molds, yeasts, and bacteria, as well as basic statistical
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to
meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with
personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word,
- Specific experience with LIMS (Laboratory Information
Management System) is preferred.
- Must be flexible with working hours / shifts
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Grace at
714-971-0721 or Email at email@example.comWhy
Kelly--?With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds highest
regarded scientific organizationsproviding you with opportunities
to work on todays most challenging, research-intensive, and
relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative
scientific pursuits youll be proud to help advance. We work with 90
of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than
10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge
and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel
your careerconnect with us today.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always
thinking about whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, were a leading
advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Whittier , QC Microbiologist, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!