SIMULATION OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Company: PIH Health Hospital - Whittier
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Full-Time/RegularPIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare
network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los
Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The
fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital -
Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good
Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a
multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services
and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent
care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by
Watson Health as one of the nation's Top Hospitals, and College of
Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the
nation's top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge
advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health
is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information,
visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or
Instagram.The Simulation Operations Specialist (SOS) serves as a
resource for various PIH Health clinical and non-clinical
departments operating and maintaining complex medical simulators,
task-trainers, AR/VR systems, Learning Management System, AV
recording software, and simulation hardware used at PIH Health
System. The SOS provides the necessary technical skills to support
the use of simulation-based learning throughout the organization
and assurse effective and efficient simulator operation and
utilization within the simulation lab and in-situ settings.
- Knowledge of medical procedures and terminology, especially as
related to acute illness
- Demonstrated skill and comfort with operation and use of
computer-based equipment including troubleshooting.
- Proficient using MS Office suite including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated clear and effective written and verbal
- Applied proficiency in use of audio/visual equipment (i.e.,
video cameras, monitors, microphones), including recording,
duplication, and editing.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, troubleshoot, and fix equipment
problems rapidly, ideally in stressful settings like teaching
- Must be able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and
efficiently, delegate to appropriate parties, coordinate
departments and individuals, and assure classes, conferences, and
programs run as planned.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection, and
reporting of results.
- Ability to work independently and in a collegial manner.
- Ability to work with diverse multicultural populations and
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in a computer technology or health-related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in medical simulation or
related healthcare experience (EMT, Paramedic, Anesthesia
- Ability to communicate well in English, both orally and in
writing.Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's
leading community healthcare provider - one that also recognizes
the need to ensure patient safety and comfort - you'll enjoy an
extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an
equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE
Keywords: PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, Whittier , SIMULATION OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Other , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!