Funeral Services Director
Company: Service Corporation International
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provide excellent service to grieving families on the day of the
funeral service; coordinate details with the family, interment
schedule, clergy, and music provider in accordance with Company
policies; help the family to establish positive memories by
facilitating a compassionate and caring funeral service.
Essential Job Functions: Must be able to perform the essential
functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional,
organized, and caring manner in accordance with Company
- Assist with funeral services by supervising the parking of
cars, ushering, driving funeral vehicles, assisting at chapel and
church services, assisting at the cemetery, delivering flowers,
picking up supplies, and participating at special functions as
- Abide by the Company dress code and any department requests
regarding work attire.
- Prepare accurate documents and enter service schedule notes
into the AS400.
- Clearly delegate direction to assigned personnel.
- Report the need for vehicle or facility maintenance.
- Prepare required reports on time, and actively participate in
- Assist with department training as needed.
- Answer telephones using proper etiquette.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Company
- Handle customer changes with willingness, friendliness, and a
"can-do" attitude; accommodate customer needs with flexibility to
ensure a high level of positive customer service.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures, rules, and
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations, and report unsafe
practices to management.
- Act on customer complaints to provide satisfactory
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Participate in training and skill development opportunities to
improve competency and customer service.
- Support the Flower Receiving Area, Professional Services
Department and Stateroom Desk with various tasks when requested
during scheduled down time. These tasks include receiving and
delivering flower tributes, escorting processions within RHMP,
conducting removals of human remains, dressing human remains,
transporting casketed human remains to various locations, setting
up visitation rooms and welcoming/assisting guests and
Experience & Education:
- Minimum of two years experience as a full-time Funeral
Director, or four years employment in the Funeral Service
- High School Diploma or GED
- CA Drivers' License and good driving record
- Ability to train others
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Detail mindedness
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Warmth, compassion, empathy
- Diplomacy under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and differentiate
level of importance
- High level of communication and listening skill
- Cultural sensitivity to the diverse community that Rose Hills
- Basic PC skill with MSWord, Excel, and Outlook
- HBV vaccination
- Must be able to pass a lift test with the ability to frequently
lift a minimum of 50 lbs and occasionally lift 100+
lbs.(pre-employment physical and lifting test required) and work
with and around human remains.
Postal Code: 90601
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Whittier
Keywords: Service Corporation International, Whittier , Funeral Services Director, Other , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!