Company: Service Corporation International
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Open, close, and maintain graves and mausoleums in accordance
with Company policies, and state and federal regulations.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Open & close cemetery properties (graves, mausoleums, crypts, &
niches) by using proper procedures, tools and equipment, and safety
- Locate and work with graves, crypts, and niches anywhere within
- Safely drive company vehicles and equipment onto and off of
- Read and understand interment orders.
- Read and understand information printed on the Interment
- Work according to safety standards set by the Company, state,
and federal regulations. Report unsafe equipment, tools, machines,
and practices to management.
- Respond timely to work order requests, and interact with
employees at all levels with tact and courtesy.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Continually strive to improve through education and experience.
Maintain a continuous development plan and make steady, ongoing
progress toward skill enhancement.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote its' goals,
and to enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in landscaping, general construction, warehouse,
physical labor demonstrating steady employment
- High School Diploma, or GED preferred
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Ability to use hand tools and Equipment noted below
- Mechanical skill and ability to perform minor adjustments and
- Good interpersonal skills to relate well with grieving
Perform heavy physical labor out-of-doors in all weather
conditions; must be able to work with dirt, dust, and mud; work
with a variety of powered equipment and vibrating machinery with
moderate to loud noise; cope with a high volume of work and with
constantly changing priorities and interruptions; and flexible
availability is required to work occasional overtime and outside of
normally scheduled work hours.
Must be able to pass a lift test with the ability to frequently
lift a minimum of 50lbs and occasionally 100+lbs. (Pre-Employment
physical required). Perform heavy physical labor daily out-of-doors
in all weather conditions; use and operate a variety of hand tools,
power tools, and maintenance equipment; stand, walk, sit, lift and
carry up to 140# (sometimes without the assistance of power
equipment) push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, twist,
bend and crawl while performing essential functions; interact with
all types of personalities within and outside the Company.
Equipment / Machines Operated
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hand tools
- Flatbed, pickup truck and trailer
- Tractor and trailer
- Greens truck
- Mausoleum lift (hoist)
- Chain saw
- Sod peeler
- Pneumatic air tamp
- Grave boards
- Vault cables and lowering devices
- Tent frames & canopies
- Vaults and vault lids
- 2-way radio
Postal Code: 90601
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-CA - Whittier
Keywords: Service Corporation International, Whittier , Interment Specialist, Other , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!