Service Technician - Cryostar
Company: The Linde Group
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Linde has developed a range of sophisticated, sustainable
hydrogen infrastructure technologies to ensure the fast, efficient
and successful execution of fueling projects. We are the one-stop
shop for hydrogen solutions - offering everything you need from
reliable H2 supplies through state-of-the-art fueling station
systems to customized services. With more than 160 hydrogen
refueling stations worldwide equipped with our technology, we are
the world leader for hydrogen fueling solutions. Our products
provide high performance and reliability with a very low footprint
- all designed to the highest safety standards.
Linde is hiring highly motivated people for commissioning and
maintenance of our growing number of hydrogen fueling stations in
California. The base of operations incl. a workshop is located in
Whittier, CA, and the stations are at different locations in
- Hands on equipment commissioning and maintenance of all
hydrogen fueling station components such as hydrogen pumps and
compressors, hydrogen high pressure piping, fittings, valves,
instrument air, cryogenic systems, hydraulic and electric drives,
24 VDC electrical systems, AC electrical power systems and PLC
- Hands on inspection and overhaul of station components
especially pump inserts at the workshop.
- Communicate and work closely with the Head of Operations and
Engineering team which is mainly based in Europe.
- Organizing spare and ware parts incl. shipping.
- Perform remote support and data review of stations in
- Perform duties in a manner that meets or exceeds company's HSE
- Coordinate and communicate with customers, sub-contractors and
Required Skills and Experience
- Associated or Bachelor's degree or GED in technical field
- Experience in one or more of the following: Military, oil and
gas, industry, aerospace, automotive gas stations, or
- Minimum 1 year previous related or transferable experience
- Ability to read and interpret pipe & instrument diagrams
(P&ID), Manufacturing Drawings, Bill of Materials and cable
- Experience with hands on equipment maintenance.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices.
- Understanding of the correct installation, operation and
troubleshooting of various types of high-pressure and cryogenic
valves, fittings, sensors, and related components.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn PLC systems controlling
equipment during maintenance and commissioning.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Hands on experience in high pressure gas pipe system
construction and maintenance
- Experience with permit to work safety processes
- Experience working around flammable gasses
- Experience with high pressure cone and thread fittings
Keywords: The Linde Group, Whittier , Service Technician - Cryostar, Other , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!