Funeral Services Assistant
Company: Service Corp. International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Take directions from the Funeral Service Director to provide
excellent service to grieving families on the day of the funeral
service; assist with funeral services, assist escort processions to
gravesites, assist during visitation hours, assist at Reception
Center, drive Company vehicles, and assist with the general public
and client families in a professional, courteous, and compassionate
manner. Direct graveside services and mortuary chapel services as
needed. Help the family to establish positive memories by helping
to ensure a compassionate and caring funeral service.
Essential Job Functions: Must be able to perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
- Assist with funeral services preparations and chapel
preparation for services.
- Drive company vehicles, transport flowers to graveside
services, and transport decedents for services and to the care
- Use knowledge of cemetery lawns and gravesite locations to
- At all times, set the example in presenting warmth, compassion,
empathy, good manners, and diplomacy to grieving family members and
- Use knowledge of various religions and cultural funeral
ceremony customs to provide outstanding service to every
- Abide by the Company dress code and any department requests
regarding work attire.
- Assist in preparation of death certificates and filing with the
count via CA-EDRS; prepared to undertake special training to become
- Prepare required reports on time, and actively participate in
- Answer telephones using proper etiquette, and obtain first call
and service information from families.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Company
- Handle customer changes with willingness, friendliness, and a
can-do attitude; accommodate customer needs with flexibility to
ensure a high level of positive customer service.
- Creation of financial contract and data entry in HMIS.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize
- Must complete all assignments and responsibilities as directed,
and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures, rules, and
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations, and report unsafe
practices to management.
- Act on customer complaints to provide satisfactory
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Participate in training and skill development opportunities to
improve competency and customer service.
- Printing of sundry items and creation of memorial DVDs
- May be asked to perform special tasks and assist other
departments with various tasks when necessary. These tasks include
conducting removals of human remains, dressing human remains,
transporting casketed human remains to various locations and
delivering cremated remains
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance in
accordance with company policy.
Experience and Education:
- Previous customer service experience, funeral service
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. (Lifting Test will be
- CA Drivers License and good driving record
- Ability to read maps and follow directions
- Safely drive Company vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Detail mindedness
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Warmth, compassion, empathy
- Diplomacy under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and differentiate
level of importance
- High level of communication and listening skill
- Cultural sensitivity to the diverse community that Rose Hills
- Ability to work positively with other people
- Ability to accept instructions from co-workers
- Basic PC skill with MSWord and Outlook
- HBV vaccination
- Bilingual preferred
Variable schedule: must be able to work evenings, weekends in
addition to daytime hours
Postal Code: 90601
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Whittier
Keywords: Service Corp. International, Whittier , Funeral Services Assistant, Other , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!