We offer a generous benefit package including 12% Y
YMCA of Greater Whittier
Whittier, CA 90601-3942
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit
committed to strengthening community through youth development,
healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and
implements high quality YMCA Youth Activities programs.
1. One to two years related experience preferred, as a
coordinator or supervisor.
2. Minimum age requirement minimum age of 21.
3. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include
completion of: California State Mandated Reporter certificate;
Harassment Prevention for Supervisors; CPR; First Aid; AED;
4. Ability to pass all State of California Community Care
Licensing Title 22 regulations in regard to working with and around
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people
from all social and economic segments of
6. Vaccination for COVID 19 highly encouraged.
7. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to
inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart
Drive company vehicles to visit various locations.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be
able to move around the work environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. Participates and assist in the development, implementation,
coordination and management of all youth activitiesprograms and
staff. Programs may include: Youth in Government, Sports, Dance,
Theater, Art, E-Sports, Leadership programs, etc.
2. Assures that valuing strategies and education that encourage
the development of healthy lifestyles are incorporated into all
3. Sets and achieves standards of program delivery that assure
the highest quality programs.
4. Incorporates the 4 Core Values into all programs and
5. Develops and executes a formal volunteer goal setting,
tracking and follow-up system for youth activities participants.
Responds quickly to volunteer and participant needs and wants, and
6. Conducts ongoing research through surveys and program
evaluations to assess needs and measure satisfaction levels of
volunteers and program participants after each session or for each
7. Develops annual marketing plan for all program areas
8. Expands program within the community in accordance with
strategic and operating plans.
9. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs
personnel and volunteers as needed.
10. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies
to motivate staff and achieve goals.
11. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the
position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program
fees are collected. Supports and budgets through coaching,
mentoring, collections, and monitoring quality
12. Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations
as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where
appropriate. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety
procedures followed. Develops, implements and monitors a risk
management and safety program to ensure the safety of all program
participants, guests, volunteers and staff.
13. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and
equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy
14. Develops and maintains relationships with state, city,
community, and school administration, parent groups and other
organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds
to all agency and community inquiries and complaints in a timely
15. Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign
and committees as assigned.
17. Assists with Program Committee meetings.