Laboratory Technical Manager, Clinical Laboratory
Company: PIH Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that
serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County,
Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated
network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health
Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27
outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician)
group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart,
cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The
organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's
Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management
Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for
best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and
healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to
Work TM . For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on
Facebook , Twitter , or Instagram .
The Laboratory Technical Manager reports to the Laboratory
Director. Responsible for managing department staff and day-to-day
operations; Including, but not limited to, hiring, assigning,
scheduling, coaching, counseling, training, competency development
and assessment; Human Resource employee relation issues; department
budgets; policy and regulatory compliance; and Quality
Assurance/Improvement. This is a management position.
- Must understand both inpatient and outpatient laboratory
operations, and physician referral practices.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain relationships
with outreach clinics to gain trust and understanding in an effort
to increase referral to PIH services.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to present
data in a logical and meaningful manner with limited direction or
senior leadership intervention.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple projects
- Creates both quality and business metrics for all laboratory
services and ensures processes in registration, phlebotomy, and
testing deliver results consistent with established metrics.
- Working knowledge of quality control rules, standard validation
protocols, and FDA EAU/RUO protocols.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP, Joint
Commission and CIHQ) Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science, allied health
or relevant area study required by ASCP or AAB Board of
- Five (5) or more years of recent laboratory management/Lead
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with peers,
patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Management experience in all sections of clinical pathology
(CP) and anatomical pathology (AP), including but not limited to
Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank, Microbiology, and
Histology/Cytology section of the laboratory preferred.
- A Master's degree in a biological science, business, or
healthcare management Beyond the benefits that come with working
for the area's leading community healthcare provider - one that
also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort -
you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits
package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in
our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: PIH Health, Whittier , Laboratory Technical Manager, Clinical Laboratory, IT / Software / Systems , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!