Lead Software Engineer
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Mid-Level Software Engineer, El Segundo, CAPosition Summary:The
Boeing Space & Launch Division's Satellite Ground Mission Software
Product-'s organization is seeking an Lead Software Engineer (Level
4) in El Segundo, CA. The Ground Missions Product Software Team
offers up a collaborative casual, but professional mentoring
environment with long-term potential for career growth into
technical and management positions.Position Responsibilities:As a
team member, you will be actively performing and growing the
- Developing, documenting and maintaining architectures,
requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software
- Developing and maintaining code and integrating software
components into a fully functional software system.
- Developing software verification plans, test procedures and
test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting
test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performing software project management and software supplier
- Developing, selecting, tailoring and deploying software
processes, tools and metrics.
- Executes and documents software research and development
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the spacecraft command
and control software domain, related industry standards,
system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to
ensure product and process conformance to project plans and
industry standards.Education:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in computer science (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9
or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination
of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years'
related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.This
position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
(U.S. Citizenship Required), with a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly
known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S.
Citizenship required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been
active in the past 24 months is considered active). Basic
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security
Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required), with a current Tier 5 (T5),
formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
(U.S. Citizenship required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has
been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- 5 or more years of experience in software development using C,
C++, Java, and Shell, Perl, Tcl/Tk, and/or Python.
- 5 or more years of experience working with Unix/Linux
distributions using command line terminals and GUI based desktop
- 5 or more years of software development experience in a
collaborative team environment using agile principles and a
structured development process including code reviews and automated
DevOps processes/tools.Preferred Qualifications:Although the
following skills are not required, it is highly desirable for the
candidate to have some level ofexperience in the following skills:
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA
Agile, and Confluence
- Experience automating software builds, unit tests, integration
tests, deployment, and installations using a DevOps tool chain
(Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, etc)
- Experience using SonarQube and/or Coverity to instrument, trend
and manage code quality
- Experience developing containerized microservices deployed into
a cloud based orchestration framework such as AWS, Docker Swarm, or
- Familiarity with Spacecraft Command & Control, Flight Dynamics
and/or Mission Operations software support toolsC/C++ Developer
- Experience using C++ Standard Library and Boost Extensions with
the GNU Compiler.
- Experience using a Graphical Interface Development Library for
C++ (e.g. Gnome, Xlib, Qt, et al.)
- Knowledge of modern security facilities (e.g. SSH, SSL/TLS,
Public/Private and AES Encryption, et al.)
- Ability to understand user interactions and develops a user
experience that accomplishes the desired user interactions.Java
- Experience in software development using Java 8+
- Experience building REST based services and/or applications
that communicate with REST services
- Experience using Maven for build and dependency management for
- Experience building unit tests using Junit with a high level of
- Experience using MongoDB and PostgreSQL database engines for
data persistenceRelocation: This position offers relocation based
on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing--is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: BOEING, Whittier , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!