Thrift Store Lead Pricer
Company: Union Rescue Mission
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Description:THRIFT STORE LEAD PRICER POSITION SUMMARY: Under the
supervision of the Thrift Store Manager, the Lead Pricer is
responsible for the inspection, pricing, and overall rate of
production of goods by the crew. THRIFT STORE LEAD PRICER ESSENTIAL
- Must be able to palletize pallets.
- Load and unload merchandise from trucks such as furniture,
pallets, boxes, etc.
- Operate a Forklift (Certification needed.)
- Operate a Pallet Jack- must be able to move pallets that are
500 pounds or over.Social Media:
- Basic understanding of how to utilize social media.
- Understand the basics of social media platforms, posting
capabilities, social management services (communication with
customers/volunteers), and graphic design.
- Inspect and price goods according to price brackets.
- Assist store management with overseeing production crew.
- Open and close production area, as needed.
- Check sales floor daily for lean and full areas
- Assist sorters, production staff, and floor associates, as
- Record production numbers daily (carts, units, etc.)
- Assist management with general store operations related to:
Merchandising, Inventory Control and Staff Training.
- Communicate regularly with management about store issues.
- Actively engage customer on sales floor to increase donations
and merchandise sales to ensure monthly revenue goals are met.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting
customers and donors and responding to customer
inquiries/complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist with repeat business promotion and word-of-mouth
advertising by building excellent customer relations.
- Ensure employees, CLDP and volunteers are properly trained in
store operations and procedures.
- Ensures physical maintenance, cleanliness, and store display
- Enforce and maintain safety and cleanliness as well as all
health and security policies and procedures.
- Carry out other tasks and projects as assigned by the Thrift
- Commitment to URM mission, vision, and core values.
- Encourage guests of their faith and growth in Jesus
Christ.THRIFT STORE LEAD PRICER PHYSICAL DEMANDS:In general, the
following physical demands are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow
differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity for regular repetitive finger motion
and frequently reaching, pulling, pushing, and lifting of objects
and operating equipment
- Requires manual ability to operate a pallet jack.
- May be exposed to handling hazardous materials such as broken
glassTHRIFT STORE LEAD PRICER WORK ENVIRONMENT:In general, the
following conditions of the work environment are representative of
those that an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential
functions of the job within the environment.The office is clean,
orderly, properly lighted, and ventilated.
- Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
- May be exposed to dust in the performance of certain duties.
PM20Requirements: THRIFT STORE LEAD PRICER
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of Thrift Store operation
experience, preferably as a Pricer or retail experience THRIFT
STORE LEAD PRICER KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both orally and in
- Fluency in Spanish (both verbal and written, is a plus)
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/POS
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to work at a fast
- Must be detail oriented, have strong customer service and
- Must have strong time management skills and ability to
multi-task in a high-volume environmentPI206699280
Keywords: Union Rescue Mission, Whittier , Thrift Store Lead Pricer, Hospitality & Tourism , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...