Non CDL Local Delivery Truck Driver
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Company: US1113 FreshPoint Southern California, Inc.Zip
Code:91744Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1 YearEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: 0JOB SUMMARYAll drivers run daily routes
with frequent stops and are required to load packages onto hand
trucks and unload product at each stop on the assigned route in the
order they are designated by the Transportation Department Manager.
The candidate will operate successfully in a cross-dock model
picking up a loaded truck from a nightly delivery at the assigned
loading dock and return the empty truck back to the assigned lot at
the end of the route. May be required to assist occasionally with
loading-trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as
assigned by Supervisor or Manager.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management
for major programs and projects.
- Runs routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and
place in designated customer storage areas. May include
transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds,
up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 to stack and unstack
pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and
unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
- Contact management for authorization when discrepancies are on
invoices. Communicate all errors/returns.
- Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver
safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance
with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco
policies and proceduresQUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
- High School or GED or equivalentExperience
- One-year route delivery experience or applicable background
driving a straight truck
- Valid Commercial Driver's License preferred
- Must be able to read and understand English.Skills
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple
arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
- CommunicationOTHER INFORMATION
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift,
infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spacesBENEFITS INFORMATION:In
the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail
confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In
the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn
more.HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Whittier , Non CDL Local Delivery Truck Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!