Respiratory Care Practitioner , (NICU)
Company: PIH Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Responsible and accountable for the respiratory management,
treatment, control and care of patients with respiratory
deficiencies. - - Respiratory therapist must be able to demonstrate
the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
the age of the patients. - The individual must exhibit knowledge of
the principles of growth and development with focus on the newborn
and premature neonate. - Therapist must possess the ability to
assess data reflective of patient status and interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify patient's requirements
relative to their age-specific needs. Therapist must be able to
provide the care indicated with respect to department policy and
procedures. - PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare
network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los
Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The
fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey
Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier
Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty
medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice
care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics,
women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The
organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient
care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare
Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health
as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices,
cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare
technology. For more information, visit or follow us on , , or
- Display a broad knowledge of all modes of therapy being
performed within NICU/LDRP.
- Exhibit skills and ability to accomplish computer
- Adept at auscultation of the chest and physical assessment of
the patient, with focus on the neonate.
- Exhibit skills and ability to properly understand and operate
electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Current RCP license - -
- Maintain current CPR and NRP certification.
- Certificate of Completion from an approved two-year Respiratory
- Associate Arts/ Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Licensed RCP by State of California.
- Registration by the National Board for Respiratory Therapy
- Registered Perinatal/Pediatric Tech preferred. Beyond the
benefits that come with working for the area's leading community
healthcare provider - one that also recognizes the need to ensure
patient safety and comfort - you'll enjoy an extremely competitive
compensation and benefits package. - We are an equal opportunity
employer and seek diversity in our workforce. - - EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.
Keywords: PIH Health, Whittier , Respiratory Care Practitioner , (NICU), Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!