Company: PIH Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Provides direct nursing care including: assessment, plan of
care, education, and evaluation for patients certified as having a
terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. Performs
patient duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as
well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care
team members and disciplines. The Hospice Registered Nurse provides
supportive care to the patient, family and/or significant others
and is responsible for responding to all of their needs after
business hours, holidays, and weekends. PIH Health is a nonprofit,
regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million
residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel
Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH
Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH
Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a
multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services
and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health,
orthopedics, women's health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient
care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare
Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health
as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices,
cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare
technology. For more information, visit or follow us on , , or
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Patient assessment.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Knowledge of Hospice Condition of Participation.
- Ability to drive to and from scheduled appointments, maintains
valid California Driver's license.
- Current California RN license
- Current Basic Life Support Card
- Valid California Driver's license and automobile insurance
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a professional nurse
- Medicare Certified Hospice experience
- Public Health Nurse and Certified Hospice and Palliative
- BSN/MSN For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us
on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
12401 Washington Blvd.
Keywords: PIH Health, Whittier , RN, Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!