Medical Assistant (MA) Urgent Care, Per Diem, Mid-Shift
Company: Pih Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
The Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform
a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various
patient-specific job duties; must have knowledge of each clinical
task assigned; must keep updated on any changes made within the
Medical Assistant scope of practice. The Medical Assistant may be
requested to float between departments and periodically travel;
process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining
accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome
as required. PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network
that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles
County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully
integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH
Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37
outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical
(physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as
well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, womens
health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is
nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient
experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management
Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nations
top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements,
quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information,
visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook , Twitter , or
Instagram . Required Skills
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved
process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and
environmental needs of patient and significant other when
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment
which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical
assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and patient
- Current AHA BLS certification required.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash transactions.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized
practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred. Required Experience
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or
equivalent and graduation certificate from an accredited Medical
- In circumstances of a practice acquisition, a competency
validation must be completed by a PIH Health supervising physician
whose practice we are acquiring
- Must have no less than 10 years experience with said
- Minimum six (6) months of front and back medical office
- Two (2) years of front and back medical office experience
- Must possess a valid California Drivers License if hiring into
Medical Assistant Float Pool
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced
situations, excellent communication skills; ability to work in an
environment involving a high level of activity and a variety of
15733 Whittier Blvd Salary
Evening FLSA Status
Non-Exempt Shift Differential
1.28 Zip Code
Keywords: Pih Health, Whittier , Medical Assistant (MA) Urgent Care, Per Diem, Mid-Shift, Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!