Patient Registrar urgently needed in Whittier, California (Medical Billing/Insurance )
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Medical Billing Clerk opening in Whittier, California. Type of
Employment Contract hire Employer Info Our client a non-profit,
regional healthcare network with that operates multiple hospitals,
outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical group, home
healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, and
emergency services. Job Summary For those interested in Patient
Registrar role, this is the perfect job for you. You will be the
assisting patients in understanding their health insurance coverage
by determining eligibility, benefits and utilization requirements.
- Responsible for up-front POS collections, along with
financially securing patients accounts by setting up appropriate
financial arrangements with patients to avoid bad debt.
- Assists patients in accessing programs such as Medi-Cal,
Uncompensated Care, and Hospital Presumptive Eligibility.
- Will focus on individual performance in registration and
financial counseling, Key Performance Indicators and expediting
approvals by gathering and completing forms before the patient is
- Will continue to enhance their registration and the fundamental
financial knowledge and skill set required and expected of this
role, which is inclusive of the diverse financial programs
- The interaction with patients will only transpire after a
medical screening exam has been performed. All patients are seen
regardless of their insurance coverage or their ability to
- Will complete the comprehensive training program and
certification as required to facilitate eligibility for Hospital
Presumptive Eligibility qualifications when necessary.
- Graceful, empathetic and respectful customer service shall be
maintained at all times. Skills Required
- Minimum of 2+ year experience in front office/medical billing
and/or current hospital registration/admitting
- Minimum of 2+ year experience in insurance verification and/or
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements for Medi-Cal, Hospital
Presumptive Eligibility Program, Medicare, Covered California,
Cobra, limited benefit plans, VVC and Uncompensated Care Programs.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of hospital's mission and
- Ability to work directly with the insurance company, healthcare
provider, and patients
- Ability to generate revenue with POS collections, establishing
payment arrangements, along with collecting on all Self-Pay and/or
high liability accounts at the point of registration.
- EMTALA knowledge and experience
- Demonstrates attention to detail and follow up process
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
with patients, healthcare providers and insurance companies
- Excellent English reading, comprehension and written skills to
include spelling skills and penmanship
- Excellent Mathematical skills; ability to calculate copay or
percentage of financial estimate amount due and/or establish
payment arrangements accurately.
- Ability to follow directions as outlined in policies or given
- Strong computer skills to include typing 45+ wpm minimum and in
MS office programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment at times of need and
- Interacts with all levels of hospital and outside vendor staff
and knowledge of government regulations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast and high pressure
- Stringent adherence to all privacy policies and procedures and
as required by state and federal law including and not limited to
the HIPPA Security and Privacy Rules
- High school graduate required or equivalent, prefer evidence of
continuing education in Finance, Accounting or Business
Keywords: HirePower, Whittier , Patient Registrar urgently needed in Whittier, California (Medical Billing/Insurance ), Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...