Licensed Vocational Nurse, (LVN), Managed Care Liaison, Home Health
Company: PIH Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that
serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County,
Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated
network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health
Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27
outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician)
group, home healthcare services, and hospice care, as well as
heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care, and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the
nation's Top Hospitals, and the College of Healthcare Information
Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital
systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of
care, and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great
Place to Work TM .
The licensed vocational nurse (LVN) Managed Care Liaison (MCL)
possesses those abilities that combine clinical expertise in
community health with an understanding of the financial aspects of
home care and aptitude for negotiation with third-party payor
sources. The MCL's overall responsibility is to negotiate service
authorizations and fees with the payor sources' designated case
managers and to interpret/report the patient's needs and progress
to that case manager.
- Understanding of the cost of providing home health
service/hospice and the scope of the department's services.
- Familiarity with prevailing prices/practices of the area.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and abilities and calculator
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Broad knowledge of Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage.
- Understanding of clinical range of home care.
- Ability to negotiate. Understands and is focused on good
customer service. Required Experience
- Current California license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Minimum of one-year experience in community health nursing,
current acute care knowledge, and skills.
- Knowledge of Title 22 and Medicare Coverage Guidelines.
- Able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of third party insurance,
Managed Care, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Medicare Advantage, HMO, and PPO
regulations governing home health and hospice.
- Current BLS.
- Current California driver's license and valid auto insurance.
For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook
, Twitter , or Instagram .
Keywords: PIH Health, Whittier , Licensed Vocational Nurse, (LVN), Managed Care Liaison, Home Health, Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!