Medical Assistant (MA) Urology
Company: PIH Health
Posted on: January 18, 2023
The Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform
a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various
patient-specific job duties; must have knowledge of each clinical
task assigned; must keep updated on any changes made within the
Medical Assistant scope of practice. - The Medical Assistant may be
requested to float between departments and periodically travel;
process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining
accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome
as required. -PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare
network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los
Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The
fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey
Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier
Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty
medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice
care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics,
women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The
organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient
care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare
Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health
as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices,
cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved
process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and
environmental needs of patient and significant other when
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment
which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical
assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English. -
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and patient
- Current AHA BLS certification required.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash transactions.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized
practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or
equivalent and graduation certificate from an accredited Medical
- In circumstances of a practice acquisition, a competency
validation must be completed by a PIH Health supervising physician
whose practice we are acquiring
- Must have no less than 10 years' experience with said
- Minimum six (6) months of front and back medical office
- Two (2) years of front and back medical office experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License if hiring into
Medical Assistant Float Pool
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced
situations, excellent communication skills; ability to work in an
environment involving a high level of activity and a variety of
Keywords: PIH Health, Whittier , Medical Assistant (MA) Urology, Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!