Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Company: Montes Medical Group Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Montes Medical Group, a growing family practice with offices in
Inglewood, Whittier, Norwalk, and Whittier, is seeking an advance
practice provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) with
experience with pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics. Our practice is
heavily HMO (Medi-Cal, Medicare, Cal Medi Connect, Covered
California) based with a growing number of private insurance and
PPO patients.We are offering an exciting opportunity for a -Full
Time Provider -to join our team in our Whittier office.Under the
supervision of the physician, as a PA / NP, you will assist with
all aspects of patient care to include diagnosis, treatment plans,
and consultations.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying
short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be
addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to
deliberations; recommending options and courses of action;
implementing physician directives.
- Assesses 20-24 patients per day interviewing; performing
physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering
diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and
laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Performs therapeutic procedures by ordering injections and
immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic
regimens; giving normal growth and development information;
discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional
problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing
patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Develops health care team staff by providing information,
educational opportunities, and experiential growth
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Other duties within scope of practice may
apply.---Qualifications and Skills:
- Current PA or NP Licensure in CA
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications,
dosing, side effects and proper administration
- Proficient computer skills and ability to type a minimum of 45
- Electronic Medical/Health Record (EMR) experience essential -
eClinicalWorks & Dr. Chrono
- Experience delivering care via telehealth
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish proficiency preferred
Keywords: Montes Medical Group Inc, Whittier , Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!