Assistant Manager, RN Maternal Child Health FT Evenings 10hrs
Posted on: March 20, 2023
For one large unit or more than one smaller unit within a 24
hour department, supervises the implementation, delivery and
evaluation/improvement of quality patient care/nursing operations
and services that add value and are integrated with nursing
standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcomes
measures, as well as with departmental, business and organizational
- Supervises the delivery of nursing services and patient care
within one unit(s) which are integrated with business and
department plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and
utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that unit(s) services meet members', physician and
internal clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care
- Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 or
more employees or more than one smaller unit.
- Ensures patient care and quality standards are met and comply
with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and
established departmental policies and procedures, utilization and
clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Supervises and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical
practices, services and operations by designing and implementing
systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care
within the unit.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the unit(s); monitors
quality service and utilization standards; supervises shift(s)
activities and delivery of patient care.
- Supervises unit(s) day- to- day clinical operations including
practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management,
and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development and the delivery of patient care.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and
assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care
and cost effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of unit(s) personnel
based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides
the best level of patient care while identifying savings
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit(s) to
achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models
developed in unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns
regarding patient care.
- Supervises the daily unit(s) operations, including human
resources management, department and employee safety programs, and
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience relevant
to a given position/department required including one (1) year of
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a relevant field required or
completion of a relevant bachelor's degree within two (2) years of
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, JCAHO and other federal,
state and local regulatory requirements interpersonal and
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 1 weekend of call per month & be trained to house supervisor
with expectation to function as House Sup on night shift once per
quarter & as needed.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Whittier , Assistant Manager, RN Maternal Child Health FT Evenings 10hrs, Executive , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...