Senior Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Company: Anthem, Inc
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Description SHIFT: Day JobSCHEDULE: Full-timeJob Title: Senior
Director, Site Reliability Engineering Primary Location: Mason, OH;
Remote Work EligibleBe part of an extraordinary team We are looking
for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate
about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where
you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do
you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving,
high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?Build
the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact. The Senior
Director, Site Reliability Engineering will be part of the
Performance & Reliability team supporting ongoing operations of the
streaming service. The Senior Director will oversee a team of site
reliability engineers who are responsible for maintaining the
end-to-end cloud infrastructure, network, and application stack for
the services that power Anthem member and associate platforms, web
portals and mobile applications. How you will make an impact:
- Lead DevOps practice and system performance engineering team
across US and other geographic locations.
- Set up best practices and model for DevOps pipeline in a shared
services organization for the enterprise.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and
applications to assist in performance tuning and fault
- Partner with development teams to improve services through
rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management,
and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with
well-defined service level objectives.
- Plan, direct, and oversee multiple teams of resources and
initiatives to accomplish the objectives and requirements defined
by senior technology and product management across multiple
- Responsible for the planning and execution of company-wide
efforts and goals and the ability to manage to budgetary
- Interface with key technology solution vendors; develops
strategies and facilitates performance measurement plans to
optimize vendor and associate performance and outcomes.
- Develop application technology plans, forecasting for an
enterprise application, enterprise-wide tool, infrastructure, or a
center or domain that is equivalent in scope and complexity.
- Manage a domain or suite of applications (or the equivalent
capital and/or level of responsibility).
- Oversee strategic planning, budget development, and management
for a single large or multiple cost centers, contract compliance,
and any necessary integration of government regulatory
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plan are
implemented, monitored, and updated on a recurring basis.
- Ensure delivery and supports system solutions that support the
- Identify and resolve hurdles for assigned areas/groups
according to established deadlines.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of direct
- Plan and execute annual projects while maintaining profit and
loss (P&L) responsibility. Qualifications Minimum
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer
Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of IT
management experience in the area of function being managed; or any
combination of education and experience, which would provide an
equivalent background. Preferred Skills, Capabilities and
- 10+ years experience as an engineer in IT.
- 3+ years experience leading DevOps/SRE/Production support teams
across multiple locations.
- Health insurance industry experience strongly preferred.We
offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include
merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus
programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement),
medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits,
401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness
programs and financial education resources, to name a few.The
health of our associates and communities is a top priority for
Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against
COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded
unless you provide and Anthem approves a valid religious or medical
explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that
Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow
all relevant federal, state and local laws.Anthem, Inc. has been
named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of
the 2021 Worlds Most Admired Companies among health insurers by
Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity
and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please
visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship
status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information,
gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital
status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
veteran status or any other status or condition protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require
accommodation to participate in the job application process may
contact email@example.com for assistance. REQNUMBER:
Keywords: Anthem, Inc, Whittier , Senior Director, Site Reliability Engineering, Executive , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!