Clinical Director - Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Company: Southern California University of Health Sciences
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Southern California University of Health Sciences is seeking a
Clinical Director (CD) for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced
clinical nurse to develop, clinical affiliations with clinical
facilities to ensure prelicensure nursing students have access to
appropriate clinical facilities to provide necessary, and
supportive clinical experiences for students. This is a new BSN
program with an emphasis on integrative health and
interprofessional education. This is an administrative position
under the supervision of the BSN Program Director. The Clinical
Director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program will
demonstrate the academic and professional qualifications and
relevant clinical experience in acute care settings requisite for
providing effective clinical coordination for the BSN program, the
program faculty, and students.
- Target start date will be June 2022.
- The position can offer partial virtual office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Clinical Director (CD) is the clinical liaison between
Southern California University of Health Sciences School of Nursing
and health care agencies in collaboration with the Program
- The CD is responsible for negotiating and arranging clinical
sites, which meet the educational requirements for nursing
- Completes the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Facility
Verification Form (EDP-1-01) and Facility Authorization Form on
each clinical site with an affiliation agreement and maintains
currency of these forms annually.
- The CD acts as a liaison to interpret and match the needs of
students and instructors to agencies with appropriate learning
- Coordinates Skills Lab, Simulation Lab and clinical experiences
with course and clinical faculty and the Program Director.
- Collaborates with clinical course instructors and program
director to identify appropriate clinical placement needs for
- Identifies, remits, and establishes collaborative relationships
with clinical/practicum sites
- Ensures that all clinical site affiliation agreements are
- Establishes new clinical site affiliation agreements in
collaboration with the Program Director.
- Submits timely requests to clinical agencies for student
clinical site placements at least six months prior to the needed
semester or using the hospital/agency prescribed timelines which
may be longer.
- Provides clinical agencies with course related information and
expected student clinical learning outcomes or expectations for
- Submits timely clinical requests for practicum clinical
experiences student placements while working collaboratively with
the practicum faculty Director and obtains preceptors' contact,
license, and other BRN required information.
- In collaboration with clinical course lead instructors, assigns
students and faculty to respective clinical groups and input
schedules using University online system.
- Input, update and maintain information regarding clinicals to
the online scheduling and evaluation system.
- Conducts clinical site visits every semester and as needed
- Collaborates with clinical faculty and students for clinical
- Notifies lead clinical course instructor and clinical adjunct
faculty of clinical site's faculty and student orientation dates,
times, location, and other specific agency related
- Attends clinical site orientations including Practicum clinical
orientations, as needed.
- Coordinated with Program Director to attend clinical site
meetings related to clinical placements, clinical site
relationships with the Nursing program, etc.
- Coordinates, reports, and submits appropriate forms to clinical
agencies with required students and faculty verification documents
including background checks, CPR certification, drug screen,
health, and immunization requirements for all nursing
- Keeps current regarding clinical agencies student/placement
- In collaboration with the Program Director, identifies
potential adjunct clinical faculty.
- Conducts clinical adjunct orientation and responsible for
coordinating evaluations of adjunct clinical faculty, providing
feedback, and collaborating with Program Director for coaching as
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those
enumerated above which do not alter the responsibility of the
- Full-time Nursing position
- Flexibility as will need to perform some of above duties in the
evenings or weekends
- Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality
- Other related duties as assigned
- California RN Licensure
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Two (2) years of clinical nursing experience in acute care
- Strong communication and customer service skills and the
ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced,
- Work collaboratively with Nursing faculty and staff, agency
representatives and staff to ensure high quality clinical education
experiences; understand nursing clinical education requirements in
accordance with California Board of Nursing and AACN, CCNE
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the
- Bachelor's or Master of Science in Nursing (BSN, MSN)
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Experience with CCNE, BRN or hospital accreditation
- Simulation Experience
- Outcomes-based assessment practices
- Curriculum development
- Technology integration
Note: SCU does not offer tenure but can negotiate for a multi-year
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to
complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify
designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates
projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on
time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer
feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and
assistance; meets commitments.
- External Working Relationships - Develops and maintains
courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors
and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans;
communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes
resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change;
monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the
responsibility to the person; gives authority to work
independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities;
provides recognition for results.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making,
facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for
subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides
regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and
encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal
and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes,
products, and services; continually works to improve supervisory
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates knowledge of market and
competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and
implements cost-saving measures.
- Safety and Security - All employees are responsible for
observing safety and security procedures as applicable and
reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
SCU CORE VALUES:
- Integrative Health: We teach, learn, collaborate, and lead by
creating an open environment for multiple disciplines and
professionals to bring their shared and unique skills together for
the benefit of patients and students.
- Evidence-based Practice: We value a culture of inquiry,
assessment, research, scholarship, and judicious use of current
best evidence to inform our decisions and work.
- Health Equity: We value people equally. We strive to educate
graduates that are prepared to improve individual and community
- Inclusivity: We welcome everyone regardless of age, race,
ethnicity, class, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual
orientation, disability, or any other similar or protected status.
We believe inclusivity leads to more diversity in our reasoning,
better representativeness in our conclusions, more ingenuity in our
problem solving, and greater equity in our care.
WHY CONSIDER THE OPPORTUNITY?
- Dynamic university with integrative health emphasis: SCU is
experiencing unprecedented enrollment growth, which has led to
diversified programmatic offerings with an emphasis on
interprofessional education and interprofessional practice.
- New transformative leadership on campus: The university has
hired several new administrative leaders and together they have
transformed academic programming, technology, marketing,
admissions/enrollment, student services, and more.
- SCU is a great place to work: SCU is recognized as one of the
Chronicle of Higher Education's Best Places to Work. The university
community lives its cores values of kindness, integrity,
determination, and humor. The culture is healthy and upbeat. People
treat each other with collegiality and respect.
- Exciting opportunity to build: This Clinical Placement Director
will assist in building the program from the ground up.
- Virtual position flexibility: The position can accommodate some
degree of virtual office flexibility during the program's early
development and while the university is operating virtually.
Keywords: Southern California University of Health Sciences, Whittier , Clinical Director - Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program, Executive , Whittier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!