Company: Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC
*Job Title:* Administrative Assistant
*Reports To:* Owner/Director
*Department:* Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC
*Pay Rate:* Hourly - Part Time or Full Time $16.00 - $20.00
(Depending on experience)
*I.* *Job Description*
A dedicated administrative assistant is responsible for upholding the Carden mission. A Carden School provides the opportunity for the natural unfolding of the mind, personality and capacities of the child. It assures each child a harmonious adaptation to his environment in an atmosphere of happiness, encouragement and freedom with guidance. Individual attention is the keynote. Each child is given a thorough command of scholastic subjects; is awakened to a realization of the beauty of nature and art; becomes conscious of his social responsibility; develops mental, emotional and physical stamina and attains the freedom of a well-adjusted personality.
A dedicated administrative assistant is responsible for handling administration and operational duties. Administration duties include greeting guests, answering phones, handle school inquiries, sorting and distributing mail, setting up student testing paperwork, and providing first aid assistance to students. Administration will maintain a safe and clean environment for students, faculty, and parents.
*II.* *Areas of Responsibility*
- Responsible for maintaining professionalism communication at all times
- Responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office
- Responsible for answering phone calls, scheduling meetings and supporting visitors
- Responsible for carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Responsible for supporting Carden Academy of Whittier's team by performing tasks related to the organization and strong communication
- Responsible for supporting staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Responsible for assisting in the school's social media
- Responsible for developing administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring the operation of equipment is up to date and safe
- Responsible for ensuring reception area and waiting lobby is tidy and clean
- Responsible for distributing office supplies, this may require lifting of 15lbs.
- Responsible for scheduling and hosting tours
- Responsible for a being a team member of Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC
- Responsible for adhering to the Safety and Security protocol
- Responsible for adhering to the Employee Handbook
- Responsible for keeping their cell phones readily available in case of an emergency, or text communication from the office
- Responsible for maintaining communication with the Director/ Assistant Director for absences and needs
- Responsible for attending faculty staffing meetings
- Responsible for keeping your privacy on the social media.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of students and business related information
*III.* *Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
- Must be willing to learn and understand Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC
- Must have strong communication and people skills
- Customer service oriented
- Familiarity with office machines (printer, copier etc.)
- Proficient in English (oral and written); additional languages is a plus
- High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
- Good organizational, multitasking abilities, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Must know how to do basic mathematics, such as counting money
- 1 year of administrative assistance experience is a plus
*IV.* *Competencies Required*
- Ability to lift 15lbs
- Attention to detail
- Customer Oriented
- Team Oriented
- Learning Ability
- Communication: Oral and Written
Carden Academy of Whitter, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Health insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC
Keywords: Carden Academy of Whittier, LLC, Whittier , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Whittier, California
here to apply!